C-Ways were approached by British Cycling and The Forestry Commission to provide wireless internet access in Dalby Forest for the 40000 square metres Event Village on the 1st ever opening round of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup to be held in Britain. It took place in Dalby Forest (North Yorkshire), one of the largest areas of forest in the country.
C-Ways provided the infrastructure that enabled all the participants, their team members and the 10,000 visitors to be able to access the internet during the event. The challenge was massive as the event village alone covered 40000 square meters in a remote rural area where previous attempts to provide internet access have proven extremely difficult.
C-Ways infrastructure provided:
• Digital Radio for all the emergency services present at the event
• A Mobile Phone booster station. Free network phone calls
• An ultra reliable internet connection for the event organizers
• A high speed internet connection for the 12 international television cameras and 50 media desks present at the event
• An internet connection for the general public
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
C-Ways IT services supported & allowed the organisers to set up:
• A media centre, an accreditation office and an event organisation office
• Ticket master controlled entry/exit points
• Cash ITM machines and Chip and Pin machines
We design our solutions in full alignment with your company’s long and short-term business goals and our in-house technical architects work across a range of specialties and solutions developed are based on proven technological foundations within the budgetary framework imposed.
“On behalf of the British Cycling Board and Senior Management Team I would like to sincerely thank you and your team for your dedicated contribution and hard work before, during and after the recent UCI Mountain Bike Cross Country World Cup in Dalby Forest, Yorkshire. It would not have been possible to achieve this level of successful event delivery and the resulting legacy without your help, my thanks go out to you for playing your part in the event organisation team”
Ian Drake – Chief Executive, British Cycling Association
GET IN TOUCH
Call: 01723 866 660
Or for all other sales and support enquiries fill in the form. We are always happy to hear from you.